Wednesday 31 March 2010

My first White Wednesday



Hi there, I am so excited to be joining white wednesday at Faded Charms. These linens belonged to my grandma, she lived to be 102 years old.

I remember her sitting crocheting this tablecloth when I was a child. Her whole house was full of what she called her 'fancy work'.

Everything in her home she made herself, curtains, cushions, soft furnishings and all her clothes. I remember her sitting at her Singer treadle sewing machine, I was always fasinated, so began my love of fabrics.

The pillowslips belonged to her mother and though the fabric is getting thin I treasure them.





I loved Karens cushions at mydesertcottage and it has inspired my spring and summer collection. I found the gloves in a charity shop and the mice are in charge of mouse house tales.

I made the sparkly hair comb for The Swan Queen in a dance school production. I also made 16 white feather headresses fo the corp de ballet, I found feathers in my house for months afterwards. Never mind I am told white feathers are sent by the angels watching over us.



Thanks to all the white wednesdays it cheers up the midweek!















7 comments:

Faded Charm said...

So glad you could play along today. Great whites and treasure those linens from your Grandma. How special!

~Happy WW~

Kathleen

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Happy first ~White Wednesday~ To you I hope you have a fun time...Julian

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy that I came by! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later... Happy Whites!

Sandi said...

Beautiful whites! You are so lucky to have some of your grandmothers linens. They are beautiful and priceless. I love all your other goodies too!!
Blessings~

Miss Gracie's House said...

They are so pretty! And even more so...that they were your grandmother's...Welcome to WW!
Rene

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Heirloom linens are my very favorite!!! Love yours and your memories.

Unknown said...

I'm so in love with the femininity of your work! I am now a "Follower" of your blog. I will also place it on my Blog List of Crafty & Artistic Bloggers so I can come back often. Please be sure to visit and click "Follow" if you like what you see. I look forward to seeing your side of the world through your gorgeous blog. I hope to bring my side of the world to you to life by my blog posts! Ciao!