Wednesday 27 July 2011

Sewing box makeover.

I found this little sewing table in a charity shop and could see it would look great with a few tweeks.

The first thing to do was to treat the woodworm, then give the whole thing a good clean.

Next two coats of my favourite Annie Sloane paint in Country Grey. I like this colour as it has a lovely vintage look when it is rubbed down and waxed.
I found some pretty floral fabrics for inside. A padded pinboard on the lid and linings for the inside.





All finished and ready to put in my Christmas fair at Cowslip.

I've got a couple more to finish, can't resist an old sewing box!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week.
xox Angela.

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wonderful transformation. I've never seen a big sewing box like that before. Have a great rest of the week. :) Tammy

ziggy stardust said...

This is darling! I love it!

xoxo
ziggy

Rose ~Victorian Rose ~ said...

That certainly looks much better !
How nice to have such talent....I personally am "all thumbs".
Thank you for stopping by my blog..I am glad we found each other.
I love the very same things you do apparently.


Rose