Thursday 21 July 2011

Take a peek at my Mouse House.

I've been here for nearly three weeks and it's been busy, busy, busy. So much to do!
This is a very old cottage with thick walls and low ceilings. I love to imagine all the different people who may have lived here.
This is a small hallway between the sitting room and the kitchen. It seems to be a very old door with lots of old locks and catches. It needed dressing so I made this door curtain from a quilt that I made at with Jo Colwill at Cowslip Workshops in Cornwall. The Ikea bookshelf holds my collection of Quilting books ,recipe books and gardening books. All ready for easy reference.
 The afternoon tea stand was my Grandma's.

  It will keep out the chill in Winter and stop any draughts.


This door leads to the stairs, you can see Pansy sitting there.
The other door leads to the sitting room, if you are over 6ft tall you have to duck so you don't hit your head.
Here's one of my appliqued pictures from 2004, this is called The Potting Shed.

and another in country style.

My little painted desk sits in the corner with Pandora the sewing angel sitting on top and my willow tree waiting for some decoration. The picture is called 'Under the Apple Tree'.

I love this little corner. It will be a while until I am finished properly unpacking.
Some things are 'lost' since the move but I'm sure they will reappear as I sort each room.

It's fun rearranging, I'll show you more soon!

XOX Angela.

2 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi there Angela, I luv the tour of your home. And the little dolls are too cute. Thank You for stopping by today. Have a nice evening....Julian

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Angela, so glad to see you are settling in. Love those curtains. So nice to live in a lovely old home with all its little quirks. Love your framed pieces. Around here, there's been no moving going on and yet there are still so many things that are "lost" :/ Have a great rest of the week. Tammy