Wednesday 1 December 2010

Room makeover. Day Two.

It's absolutely freezing here today!
 I walked along the sea front this morning watching the sea pounding in on an easterly wind coming straight from Siberia, I was warm as I was walking so fast but my face was so numb it felt as if I'd been in the dentists.
 Still it was a great walk and I really enjoyed my coffee when I got home.

I've spent the rest of the day sewing, lucky me!

I'm giving my sitting room a new look with some beautiful Japanese fabric from a company called quiltgate. Check out the link and find some divine vintage rose fabrics. You will have to click on the English site when you get there.

Today I made cushions.


I used some vintage French linen along with the jacquard roses as the colours were so lovely together. This linen is very a very heavy weight so it has given a lovely firm feel. Just to finish I made some rolled roses and added a tassel.


On the next one I've added some free machine embroidery and three covered buttons.



This is the last one and it's reversable . I'd run short of the darker linen so used a lighter piece as well as this pretty lace.

That was a good days work and I enjoyed every minute.

Tomorrow I'm starting on an old piano stool that badly needs some loving care. It's going to get a lick of paint and a new seat. Can't wait to start!

Don't forget to drop by and see the results.

I'll give you a tour of the new room when I'm all done.

Hugs, Angela.

5 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

They look very pretty! Have a good day and stay warm..........Julian

Marander Studios said...

Oh Angie they are GORGEOUS. I especially love the cushions with the French linen with the jacquard roses ~ my style, my colors, wow!! Love the one with lace as well. And, I cannot wait to see your post of the restored piano stool. Have a terrific day and stay warm. (ps what I wouldn't give to walk along the sea ~ even on a cold and windy day) ...sigh! Hugs xoxo Marilyn

Crowing Moon said...

They are absolutely beautiful!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Your pillows are just beautiful, Angela! I especially love the one with the rolled roses and the tassel.
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo,
Julia

Soggibottom said...

Lovely looking sink into cushion Angela.
Cold is good for you. BE BRAVE :-)..... I have a job to keep away from the fire :-) X X X