Thursday 4 November 2010

Autumn Smiles.

I love Autumn. the colours, the leaves crunchy underfoot, walks along the coast with chiily winds and sunshine. Yes that's all for me!

I had a heart attack 16 months ago and since then have really discovered the pleasures of walking.
Every morning I walk along the 'Downs' which is only a couple of minutes from my apartment.

Heres the view, it looks different everyday depending on the light.

You can see there was a big cliff fall last summer the house above is very precarious. Our soil is this amazing red, it even gives us 'pink' sheep.
The trees here are quite late changing colour as we had plenty of rain in the summer and a mild October without many frosts.
I saw this tree on my way home, isn't it just glorious, looks like butter melting on hot toast. Can't eat that nowadays. never mind this is better.
I'm nearly home now ready to enjoy a Latte, skimmed milk of course.
 These leaves covered in rain drops were shining on the path.


Aren't they beautiful, I have an idea for a necklace based on these. I'll start it in the New Year!

The weather is great for walking today so I'm going to the Dartington Estate to walk around there gardens. I'll take my camera and give you a tour.

Have a great day,
xox Angela.

5 comments:

Olivia said...

Oh wow! Your pictures are just gorgeous! I can't wait to see what else you have to show!
Hugs,
Olivia

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Angela, I am so glad you are well after suffering that heart attack. Heart disease runs in my dad's family and I have a tendency to take after him which is why before I turned 40, I lost weight and changed my eating habits completely. He was 45 when he had bypass surgery and I will be 45 in February. My last blood test showed that all my numbers are good. I'm so mad at myself for not walking more this past summer though because being on the road, I tended to eat things I wouldn't normally. I gained some weight and feel miserable. Nothing fits right which means it is all around my middle and not a great place to be holding extra fat. :/ Thanks for sharing your lovely area. Enjoy your walk. I'm waiting for hubby to come home right now to see if we will go for a walk. The kids have gone to spend the nite with friends so is very quiet around here. Just the way I like it. I received news today that my uncle was killed in a car accident. We just never know what tomorrow will hold so have to make the best of today. Wishing you a beautiful day. :) Tammy

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Pretty pictures of Fall! Thanks for sharing Angela. Have a good week......Julian

Soggibottom said...

Beautiful pics of Somewhere I know Angela. :-)
Dartington is always a great place for a walk. Make sure you really kick up the leaves for me..... :-) xxx In Totnes yesterday. Very quiet....

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your heart attack, Angela! That must have been very, very scary. I'm glad that you are doing well now. The coast where you live is so beautiful. It's just great that the gulf stream lets even palm trees grow. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of that Estate.
Have a lovely day :-)!
xoxo
Julia