Saturday 12 June 2010

Gifts for a special friend.

Its my second post this weekend as I wanted to show you the goodies I made for my friend in Winchester who I am going to visit on Tuesday.
My friend is a Quilter who has been so busy with house renovation and work that she hasn't done any stitching. I put together a little book with the hope of inspiring her.
I've put a few goodies inside that I think will be useful. A tape measure, a pack of quilting needles, a notebook for jotting down ideas and instructions for the clam shell piecing she liked so much at the exhibition at the V&A in London.
Finally a couple of piece of fabric to stitch!

My friends Mum has been under the weather since being stuck in her car for several hours in
last winters snow, she has been not feeling herself for a long time. She is a talented embroiderer so I made her a book too,




I hope these little books will cheer them up, I spent a couple of pleasant
hours making them and I'm really looking forward to my day out!!

9 comments:

Soggibottom said...

You might have spent a couple of hours and enjoyed making them. I think you have given hours and hours of motivation and joy to your friends.
Have a good day out x x x

Victoria said...

That's a lovely book, anyone would enjoy it!!! You're so talented:)

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a sweet gift and very beautiful, Angela! Your friend and her Mom will love their books!
Have a great Sunday afternoon!
Hugs,
Julia

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Surely those beautiful handmade books will be more than enough to bring instant cheer to the day for the recipients. :) They are gorgeous and filled with so many beautiful details. Best wishes to you, Tammy P.S. sign me up for the red wine. :)

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

What BEAUTIFUL treasures you've made for your friend and her Mum (I hope her Mum feels much better soon)! I love all the colors and textures you've put into your books. Thank you for your sweet note on my blog today! ;)

Soggibottom said...

yes, really funny isn't it ?
Met a whole continent away and live down the road :-) x x x
These really are beautiful books by the way...
I wouldn't say it, I didn't think so :-) x

Yitte said...

What a beautiful book !!!! This will be a precious gift for your friend and her Mum.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That is a pretty book. And all hand made. You did a great job on it...Have a good day...Julian

Home and Heart said...

Thank you so much for the visit to my blog!! I appreciate it and your kind comment as well! Your book is absolutely lovely!! What a lucky friend! I will be visiting again!!